Friday, February 17, 2006

Learn from Others

I want to go home!!!! I was depressed ( still am ), sad, worried, uneasy.Yesterday though I felt better. My co-workers yesterday taught me how to make a wise investment decision. You know: stocks, bonds, mutual fund, foreign currency, comodities, options. It was amazing: imagine two experiences investors teaching me about all these stuff.

After that , at the end of day, Grace ( my new found friend/co-worker) taught me about saving up money, budgeting and investing. She told me that she budget her self, not daily but monthly. She saved up her money ( and she is able to save up well ), put aside half of this saving to investment and the other half to Money Market. Wow..... and look at me... I didn't even know how much I have saved from my three months salary. ( wait!!! I actually knew, after talking to Grace last night I tallied up my expenses. And hell, not much money I have saved ).

I have never even thought about investing before meeting my co-workers. I had savings, my grandparents gave to me, last time when I was in Singapore. You know what I did : dump it in a low rate saving account ( leave it there for 2 or three years and never thought of putting it into CD).

But then again, what has passed is in the past. From now on, I am a change woman! I will start planning for the future and invest. That is if, I have some money to invest.......

No comments: