Monday, May 30, 2005

de-shop-me

Ever since I came back from London, I've realized how un-fashionable and simple I was. For example: to me, SHoes are divided into two types. One for sports (sketchers) and another for party (heels). And those two are the only types of shoes I have. No stilettos, no open-toed shoes, no canvas-colorful shoes. No thongs, no knee-high boots, no brown leather boots, no red heels.

In a bigger picture, I came to realize that I have never spend more than 200 USD on any single thing - other than on Paris that is. I have never bought an Ipod, PSP, clothes, shoes, handbags, gadgets (of course lap top and car are excluded) which cost more than $200. I have never had a CD player, MP3 player, MD player, not even a digital camera. I realized my impairedness is caused mostly because I have spent all the money I could have spent on other things,(read: on Paris). Not that I regret it, I just never realize it.

Part of me want to spend a lot on clothes/make ups/sandals/jewellery. But the brain told me that I have spent enough on Paris to last me til the next five years. I don't know when will this evil release me from being afraid of 'investing' a lot of money in one thing. Maybe when I have started to earn money.

No comments: