Friday, May 13, 2005

Surfing part 3!

The most exciting lesson of all classes.. Only Amy and I showed up for class this morning and since we have two teachers, we were like havng a one to one class. The best part was when one of teacher always pushed us ahead of the wave so we could catch the breaking of the wave and to "pop up". Pop up is when you jump from a lying down position to a standing position on the board.

Want know wat's the worse story? I did a lot of sitting on the board, kneeling on the board but never once standing on the board.. this sux..
it felt good though when I was able to stay (read: kneel) on the board for a great 8 seconds.. it just felt heavenly to be kneeling on the board above the wave while the wave brings me to the shore.

The best part? I saw groups of dolphins from very near, like 15 metres away from me!! At first I only saw them from far and I saw my teacher was following them, paddling behind the dolphins. I was so excited that I just paddled out to the deep water (2 or 3 metres deep, 50 or 60 metres away from the shore) to see the dolphins. It was just fabulous! Imagine, I was lying on my board, looking at the dolphins swimming. I looked around me and saw the deep vast sea. I was not even scared of the deep sea.. It's just amazing..

I will keep on surfing :>

No comments: